One of the stories I missed while at Emetrics was the flap over at PC World Magazine. In short:
- Editor wants to run a 10 things we hate about Apple (followed by a 10 things we love about Apple)
- New CEO spikes the article
- Editor resigns
- Subscribers are pissed
- CEO gets moved out, new CEO search underway
- Editor in chief comes back
- PC World online publishes 10 things we hate about Apple
Sounds like the Editor-In-Chief defeats the Corporate Overlord. I suspect the reality is more complex than that.
Honestly, the “10 things we hate” article was pretty weak. Bluetooth not available? Nobody is perfect (number 6)? They don’t pre-announce security updates? Given the contrast between the hate and love articles, I’d say the writers are Apple fans. This was a puff piece for Apple in disguise, wrapped around a controversy.